Monday, December 15, 2003

Curtain raiser

Weekend was hectic..bought a lot of stuff for the house. Curtains for the front room and for the bedroom were bought on saturday. I have definitely progressed in life..the color choice for the front room curtains was mine :) and I also contributed a bit with the bedroom ones. On sunday me and Megha..ok..mostly Megha to be true :), arranged stuff in the house..put on the curtains etc.

I also bought a gold ring and a pair of shoes..shall post a pic of them later if i get the time..In the meanwhile checkout the kitchen and the wardrobes.


Also I finally got around to finding and using a tool which can convert the ultra big 2048X1536 images to 800X600 on the command line. Imagemagick does the trick with its convert utility (thanks to mitra for the pointer). e.g


// reduce all the jpg images in the current directory to 800X600.
for img in `ls *.JPG`
do
convert -sample 800X600 $img small-$img
done


On the work front I was working on a bug and have come up with a possible fix. Somebody from the Canada team has already fixed the bug though and I want to compare my independently arrived fix with his..hmmm how come i managed to get an independent fix?? well the fixer did not bother to put any patch or comment regarding the fix on the bug (reminds me of the practices of some teams in fR :( sigh!) and thus helped me with independent thinking :).. Anyways..I dont have a source control integrated build as of now so i cant even go and check the file versions non-trivially so might have to wait longer..



PS:If the pics appear dark increase the brightness in your image viewer or monitor.

No comments: