Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Training Day

Some coincidences in life are worth mentioning for their sheer timing. It so happened that some days back I attended a training on "Creative Problem Solving". The training room had computers for each trainee. So I installed Firefox on it and brought up my usual browser desktop which consists of a gmail tab and a bloglines tab for most of the time and was all set for the training to begin. The initial tidal wave of my expectations soon assumed calmer proportions and post lunch I was just about managing to stay on my seat :) I was wondering about the content of the training and the techniques being taught. Most of them revolved around dividing a bigger problem into smaller sub problems and working from both the problem and the solution end and all the usual crap that all self respecting engineers know. And then it happened. Around 3-3:30 the dilbert RSS feed was updated with this VVS Laxman timed gem . Dilbert's last sentence sums up exactly what I was feeling :)

No comments: