Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Canada Diary-2

So to give some updates on my journey and first few days here..
The journey was fine..so was the jetlag but only till one day after i arrived when I did stayed up late at night and sort of overcorrected on the jetlag. Now I am ok again I guess.

I had to buy 6600 Rs of warm clothing for the weather here (my company did re-imburse me most of the amount so the money is not the issue here..) but the longest that I have come in contact with the weather directly is the 30 second or less walks to and from the car to anywhere I have to go..office, hotel etc..and the time in the car till it heats up..everything else is obviously well heated or else I would never have come here :) But those very small periods of time numb the senses :) One of my colleagues had a nice saying to describe the cold..it goes something like the following..."Bahar khade raho 5 minute, to sikud kar mungphalli ban jaayega :)" What shrinks is your imagination :)

The hotel nice..and since we are staying for 2 weeks we have a complimentary upgrade to a executive suite. This is where I am staying..The best thing is the broadband connection..I have encountered download speeds of about 140KBytes/sec..nice indeed. Yahoo voice chat too is working very well for me.

The encounter with the TV here was interesting too. The hotel has a tie up with Galavu and they offer XTV, Naked News and some Howto adult channel amongst other things. You can order directly using a menu on the TV (which has a setback box) and enjoy the visuals till the next days checkout time :) Hmm, such nice integration with the hotels systems..Name of the movie is not shown on your bill :) Haven't ordered this though since it all comes at a cost of about 14-15$..which is not so appealing especially when there are some free channels which show hot stuff sometimes :D

No comments: