Sunday, January 23, 2005

Canada diary 3

Today morning I was angry at someone. That someone is the person who first proposed the idea of wiping asses with a toilet paper. There is a certain feeling of incompleteness if you can't perform the watery ritual :D Maybe the deep pore cleansing effect of plain H2O is merely psychological but I need it none the less and so you have to find workarounds..no I am not going to discuss my workaround..do what you feel is the best :)

The weekend is almost over now. Did nothing special except going out for lunch and some shopping. Went to a mall and then to Walmart yesterday and bought household goodies like "Nice'n Clean moist wipes" which are hard to find in Bangalore ...well life surely changes once you marry :) Had buffet in a small Sri Lankan restaurant in the downtown today...some usual South Indian stuff ..some great rasam, rice chicken, and tapioca pudding (for Marathi people "sabudanyachi kheer" :) )

Came back from lunch and then installed Picasa and Hello and started organizing some of the photos. Suddenly I had this feeling of photographic insufficiency which made me take the rather rash decision of going out across the road to capture some photos. I thought, "well today is warmer (-17 degrees C :D ) and would probably be the last time here when I am free at 4:30 in the afternoon", and so I put on my warm clothing and stepped out and crossed the road over to some open grounds. Then I realised I did not have too much time at hand if I had to make it back alive and so I went click-click-click as fast as I could. After about 10 photos my hands started freezing and the finger tips ached and felt as if they would burst. I clicked a few more times and then prudently put the camera and my hands in my pockets and headed back. The last three posted pictures are some of the fruits of my little trip to what felt like the north pole :)

No comments: