Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Raj Kumar passes away..

Bangalore, Apr.12: The great thespian Raj Kumar of Kannada film industry passed away today. Saddened "fans" have decided to express grief by vandalising the city. Unrespectful car drivers and shopkeepers will be forced to cry when their windshields and shops are smashed and stoned. Several other ways of spreading grief will also be used with religious zeal.

Update: Since grief should be expressed not just through violence but also through TV, the local cable operators want me to watch only news channels and Kannada channels which are obviously playing only Raj Kumar content. What the fuck is wrong with these people. My prospective landlords (planning to shift tomorrow to a new place) have their father admitted in a hospital. They were stuck in the hospital yesterday since there was no public transport available. I was planning to sign my lease agreement today..now I can't because its not safe to go out. I was planning to shift tomorrow..it will most probably be postponed to the day after. All the reactions are so misplaced and I would believe it is with the backing of some local Shiv-Sena like political groups to make a point about their "Kannada" pride. Or it is just some anti-social elements wanting to enjoy a day vandalising public and private property and bullying people. Fuck them all. And fuck the local police.

2 comments:

unforgiven said...

People is people.
What can I say.

unforgiven said...

Dude, all I ate in the entire day of yesterday was, two damp and musty samosas and two egg hard and stale egg puffs.

And to get this lovely fare and water so I wouldn't die of thirst, I had to walk for a good 4 kilometers.



Shit happens. What can one do. :|



As I said, people is people. :(
(if you ever read the entry "resist normal" on my blog, I have expressed my opinion of the general intellect level of people quite clearly there :P)