Tuesday, January 30, 2007

VISA interview, Kingfisher flight and dental floss

Last Wednesday I was in Delhi for a VISA interview at the US consulate. After going through the whole process it felt like an anti-climax..do they call you all the way from your city of residence to the consulate just to ask you banal questions like "Where do you work?", "Why are you travelling?", "How much do you earn each year?" etc and taking two finger prints? Agreed that I was applying under the BEP program that makes it a bit easy for the applicants to go through the process but then if you can make it so easy then why not just call for my documents and passport. Why do they need me to travel personally for all this. The whole process is just stupid and wastes productive time.

Anyways, while in Delhi I took the opportunity to meet with Chirag and Prateek. I saw Webaroo's Delhi office and it looked much better than what we had when we all used to work for firstRain :-)

On the way back the stupid flight was delayed and it was pretty sad for me in the meantime see the Indian team going down in a heap. The real fun however started when I boarded the flight. There was gentleman next to me who was according to my breathe analyzer a bit drunk. Well nothing wrong with that..I am drunk too quite a few times..infact on international flights they like you to get drunk..but that's not the point. What was surprising was that this person kept on eating some sort of mouth freshner all through the 3 hrs of the flight :o And not just that, he occasionally also spat out the remnants of his freshner in the air sickness bag..arrggghh.. but the worse was yet to come..at the end of the flight out came a floss and the mouth freshness freak flossed his teeth right next to me..aaarrrghh aaaarrgh aaarrgh..and then very coldly stuffed the used floss in the seat pocket.. so much for being suited booted and all that..

PS: BTW I took the Jet Airways flight from Bangalore to Delhi and they have pretty cool touch screen in-flight entertainment systems with nice content.

2 comments:

Madbawa said...

Hahaha, Yeah, reminds me of the experience I had during a Bombay-Bangalore Kingfisher flight. Some guy had removed his smelly floaters and was resting his even smellier feet under my seat. The whole flight I was gasping audibly. To add to the mess, there were these twin sisters sitting beside me who had fear of flying. Everytime there was some turbulence, they would clam-up with a jerk and ask me 'is this normal?'.
BTW, firstRain has a new office comin up in Gurgaon. I haven't seen it yet, but I think it'll be pretty swanky :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks dear for nice informatiob about Visa interview. You can also get information about emigration as well.