Sunday, August 13, 2006

Where am I?

Well I have been a bit busy with work and family for the last month. Release dates are coming up and the product quality is still suspect :( So lots of bugs to catch up with. Was in Pune some during the 1st week in August to meet my parents and sis who will be going away to Bangkok for studying animation for about 8-9 months in 2 weeks time. It was nice to be in Pune after a long time and it always feels nostalgic there recounting my weekend trips from Bombay to Pune and the beer binges with all my friends...and of course the beer binges reduced in number when I met Megha and the great time we had together romancing in Pune is one of the happiest memories I have of the city! :)
However back in the real world I noticed that city has been defiled beyond recognition..so much so that I felt Bangalore is better now :) The roads are in a complete mess there..there is slush by the road side everywhere you go with garbage rotting up as a bonus.
I got to gatecrash yet another company party this time around. Last time it was Veritas and this time it was some Synechron if i have managed to name it correctly :) Of course the credit goes to my Pune friends who manage ways to accomodate me :)
The weather though was very wet, cold and gloomy and I came back with an infection. It was not too bad but enough to get me worried about my talk scheduled on 11th at RSDC. Well the infection did not trouble me much and I manage to not sneeze violently on stage but since the talk as the last one that too on a friday evening it meant a thin attendence and one feels a bit let down after preparing for larger show. But so it was and probably the next time would be on day 1 and consequently better.
Right now need to get back to work and get some defects fixed in time for tomorrow's beta bit freeze.

1 comment:

Think Engage said...

Hey Neeraj,

I attended the RSDC conf. on both 10th & 11th...I agree with you, the crowd in Track-1 was rather skimpy!
There is one variation I found from the last year's conf., last year was completely addressed by Sreedhar Iyengar, this year was, I think, a conscious decision by IBM to include product programmers/designers as a part of the speaker panel...good move.