Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hawa Hawa

And here I sit in the afternoon hearing for the first time in MP3, the faint notes of Hawa Hawa by the once famous Hasan Jahangir, playing on a colleagues machine and I say to myself I am lucky :) For me the album is a collector's item. Really I mean it. Even during college days when the pockets were always light I had spent 18 Rs IIRC on buying a copy from a certain friend Ajit Khanzode who had once bought it in his childhood craze I guess. However, over the last few years I have lost track of the cassette :( Hopefully I can lay my hands on the mp3 :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Promptly pass on the MP3 when u get it. I too am nostalgic about that song!
Btw, I heard it last in the taxi on way to the railway station while coming back from Kerala:-) It instantly hooked me again..
Do you know that Hassan Jahangir is dead!
~AmitK

Neeraj Bhope said...

No I did not..bad..

Anonymous said...

I do have an mp3 of hawa hawa, wonder how I can pass it on - Dipak.

Anonymous said...

I also have an mp3 version of the original song. i can pass it on by some means.
does anyone have the full album, by chance?

Anonymous said...

hasan jahangir is not dead. he's alive

Anonymous said...

did anyone like the english version of hawa hawa that came soon after the song became popular?

i have tried to serach for it online but there seems to be no trace. if anyone knows where i cn find it... please write to drshroff@hotmail.com

Rashmi Vijayan said...

Hope this link would be helpful http://www.radioreloaded.com/tracks/?10910

you can download the song from this link... :)

Anonymous said...

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=psYgmvgTJuw