Monday, October 11, 2004

Can you still sprint??

Well I thought I could. And also expected that I would be able to do it well. Context was the IBM sports meet on saturday. I went there and participated in the 100 mtr sprint. I practiced getting out of the blocks and building up speed but I did not practice going the whole way and managing to stay on my feet to complete it on that dirty uneven track :D Halfway through the sprint I was trying to get all my weight forward and accelarate. Unfortunately the ground beneath got a bit uneven and I misbalanced a bit and fell forward. Had a soft landing but by that time everybody else surged ahead :(( Anyways I got up and sprinted again and completed the race ahead of one person and for a full 20 minutes after the race I was catching my breathe and my legs are still aching :). Physical fitness is at an all time low for me I guess..sob sob

No comments: